Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday Baking #5: Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Now, THESE are my FAVORITE cookie to make. They're so easy and taste incredible. Maybe it's because of the pecans (I just love them!) but they really are very good. This recipe was adapted from the Quaker Oats Oatmeal Raisin recipe many years ago. If you don't like pecans, you can use whatever you wish...walnuts, almonds, leave the nuts out altogether..your call. The basic recipe is so good. I've even made these with white chips and dried cherries. The other thing I like about this recipe is you can throw all of the ingredients into one bowl instead of making bowls for dry/wet ingredients and it comes out perfect every time...less mess!


Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip
Adapted from Quaker Oats
2 Sticks Butter, softened
1 c. Granulated Sugar
1/2 c. Brown Sugar, packed
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
3 c. Oats (I use Quaker regular oats, not the quick ones)
1 c. Chopped Pecans
1/2 c. Mini Chocolate Chips


In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar (I use a wooden spoon). Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Next, add in the flour and baking soda and mix well. Add in the oats, pecans and chocolate chips and mix well. Using a kitchen teaspoon, drop the cookie dough onto a greased baking sheet, leaving about 1-2" between them. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cool. Makes 4 dz. 


Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Quakers oatmeal raisin cookie is my family's FAVORITE but adding pecans is really peaking my interest. It sounds yummy. I may have to squeeze this recipe in ASAP. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis