Pages

Stay Connected

Sunday, December 11, 2011

White Bean & Sun Dried Tomato Fritters

WOW! Without even realizing it, I happened to look at my stats last night and realized that I had posted my 200th blog post with the Limoncello recipe yesterday. So what does that mean exactly you ask? Well, that means that I have created over 200 new recipes since starting this blog and since some of my posts have 2-3 recipes in them, the number is probably closer to 250 new recipes since May.  So the next time you hear someone say "I'm tired of eating the same things every week", tell them to head on over here for some new ideas. :)


I wanted something to go with my Asiago Tomato Basil Soup for dinner the other night so I made these to go with them. I don't know what to say other than you can't go wrong with anything that has sun dried tomatoes and basil in it! I left the beans whole but if you're trying to disguise them for the kids (or even adults who don't like to try new things), simply mash them up instead. These even made a great snack for lunch the next day. 



White Bean & Sun Dried Tomato Fritters
1-15oz. Can Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
1 Clove Garlic
1/2 c. Sun Dried Tomatoes, not packed in oil, chopped
2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
2 Egg Whites
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
2 tbsp. Canola Oil, for frying


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until mixed well. Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add oil. Using a kitchen soupspoon, form eight fritters and slowly drop them into the oil, flattening them out slightly. Cook approximately 1-2 minutes per side, remove and drain on paper towels to remove any excess oil. Makes 8 fritters. 


Points+=3 per fritter


You still have until midnight Sunday, December 11th EST to 
enter the Giveaway so if you haven't done so already, don't 
forget to leave a comment..You have to be in it to win it! 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis