Corn & Cheddar Mashed Potato Fritters
- 1c. Day Old Mashed Potatoes
- 1c. Corn (I used frozen since it's not in season)
- 1/4c. Scallions, chopped
- 1/3c. Low Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 c. Canola Oil, for frying
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except the oil, and mix well.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until it is hot.
- Slowly drop rounded kitchen soup spoons into the oil and flatten slightly.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side, allowing them to turn golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels or brown bags to remove excess oil. Makes 6 fritters.
Points+=6pts per fritter (including the oil)
Powered by eRecipe.com
Shared on Recipes For My Boys Thursday's Treasures 1/19/12