Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chef Contest-Sweet Creamy Shrimp Delight (Hidemi Walsh)

Welcome to the first every CEK's 2012 Home Grown Chef Contest! 


A few months ago, I challenged my readers to submit their favorite recipes and what a great response I had!  It is up to each recipe contributor to engage their friends/family/etc to view their recipe on this blog post and the 5 most popular recipes (determined by the number of page views it receives) will be added to a poll for everyone to vote on.  (For complete rules of the contest click HERE.) Good Luck!


Recipe Contributor: Hidemi Walsh from Plainfield, IN

Bio: I am Japanese and moved to IN 3 years ago from Tokyo to marry my husband. I used to live in San Francisco as well (almost 10 years ago) so this is not my first time to live in the US but I find lots of new, exciting and interesting things. Food is one of things and I have been learing American traditional dishes which is very fun. I started to cook when I was in mid 20s because I wanted to lose weight. I was overweight and tried lots of METHODS to lose weight. I found out that what you eat is the best way not only to lose weight but also to stay healthy. I stopped to eat out, buy food from stores. Now I cook healthy yet delicious (try) food for my husband and myself every day.


Sweet Creamy Shrimp Delight
3/4 lb Shrimp, deveined, peeled with tails on 
2 Potatoes (about 2/3 lb)
1 cup Lima beans (canned beans),  drained
4 tablespoon Mayonnaise
4 teaspoons Lemon Juice
5 tablespoons Milk
2 teaspoons Grated Garlic Clove
2 teaspoons Sugar
3 tablespoons Flour
3 tablespoons Corn Starch
Olive Oil for deep fry
 




Directions:

  1. Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick round slices and heat in a microwave for a couple of  minutes or until tender.
  2. Make sauce. In a bowl, combine milk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, grated garlic clove, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
  3. In another bowl, combine flour and corn starch. 
  4. Sprinkle salt and pepper over shrimp and potatoes. Then coat them with flour mixture.
  5. Heat olive oil in a skillet, deep fry shrimp and then potatoes. Drain both shrimp and potatoes with papaer towel and put them into the sauce bowl. Then add lima beans to the bowl and toss to coat. Sprinkle miced parsley on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis