Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Almond Blueberry Lemon Muffins

I'm not home as much lately with all of the running around I'm doing getting ready for the kitchen reno, vacation and school/sports activities, but I continue to buy food like I am. For example, I bought so much fruit last week that we could never possibly eat it all. In fact, I still have a half of watermelon I have to cut up! Anyway, I had purchased 2 large containers of fresh blueberries and the second one wasn't going to make it much longer. So I decided to make these muffins for the kids to take for breakfast. They both aren't fond of a big breakfast, so these little muffins were perfect and had a great flavor. I just love the combination of lemons and blueberries, don't you?

Almond Blueberry Lemon Muffins
1 c. Almond Meal/Flour (I used Trader Joe's brand)
1 c. Bread Flour (I used King Arthur)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 c. Canola Oil
1 Egg
2 c. Blueberries (I used fresh but you can use frozen)
1 Lemon, zest and juice
1/2 c. Water

In a bowl, mix together both flours, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In another larger bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, egg, lemon zest and juice and water until it's smooth. Add in the flour mixture and mix well, then fold in the blueberries. Pour batter into lined or sprayed (with cooking spray) muffin/cupcake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (until top springs back when touched). Makes 16 standard size muffins. 

Nutritional Information: Calories 266, Carbs 31g, Fat 15g, Protein 4g

Enjoy!

*Calculations based on ingredients entered into MyFitnessPal and may not be 100% accurate.

11 comments:

  1. Mmm! Looks soo delicious!!
    Check out my blog: http://bakingcraze.blogspot.ie/ & follow if you wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, thanks for stopping by Rita! I'm glad you like this recipe. :)

      Delete
  2. I love almond flour, and totally agree such a perfecf flavor combination! I need one this morning, are there any left? Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! The kids ate them all in 2 days! lol xo

      Delete
  3. Your muffins look delicious! We really do seem to think alike since I also posted a blueberry muffin today, too! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa and I saw and thought the same thing! Yours look fantastic too! lol

      Delete
  4. I have been wanting muffins so bad lately this may be the perfect recipe to meet the craving! Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get to eat all that wonderful food before you have to hand the kitchen over...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie!! These look amazing! I am going to buy the ingredients tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis