Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, June 14, 2013

Design Changes for CEK

I mentioned in the newsletter that I'll be making some slight changes to the blog over the next couple of months and some of you may have noticed some minor changes already; like the new header and design colors.

The next step after the design change was to FINALLY splurge and have a professional photo shoot done of me in my kitchen and I learned a few things.

#1. I am not photogenic...AT ALL; which is why I put this off for so long. I smile and my eyes crunch up so tight, that they look like slits. Seriously, I have lizard eyes! (Made you laugh didn't I?!). And if I don't smile, I look like I'm constipated. Not quite the image I want to portray!

#2. I SERIOUSLY need to drop a few pounds. All of this cooking over the last 2 years has really taken a negative toll on this aging body. I just don't bounce back as quick as I used to. 

#3. Bob Ernst from Robert Wayne Photography is a GENIUS! Not only was he professional, but his prices were very reasonable, he was very accommodating and made me look good! (Well, at least my hubby thinks so and that's all that matters to me!). His specialty is wedding photography, but he does portraits as well. If you live in the Northern NJ area, give him a call and tell him I sent you! After NUMEROUS shots and poses, here is the final one I'll be using.


What do you think?  
Are there any other changes or features that you would 
like to see here at Carrie's Experimental Kitchen 
in the coming months? 

I'm also looking for someone locally in the tri-state area that can help with some minor IT support. If you or someone you know does this kind of work, please email me at carrieexpktchn (at) optonline (dot) net.


Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I think your photo is beautiful! Your comments made me laugh...we are so critical of ourselves. I know I hate mostly every photo ever taken of me! I enjoy your blog and FB page & share with the Girlfriends regularly. Maybe you could cook while wearing roller skates? All that extra energy spent balancing would burn a lot of extra calories! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean for the comment to be "unknown". I'm Barb, from FB Girlfriends Weight Loss Support Group, not sure how to get that to show up. Anyways, I do use your recipes regularly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb and thank you so much for your kind words! I think you're right...maybe I should throw on some skates, that might help!! :)

      Delete
  3. Carrie,
    I think you look wonderful and how fun to have a photo shoot in your own kitchen!

    (I'd hate all the cleaning I'd feel compelled to do at the thought of my kitchen being photographed much less me being photographed!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten and yes, I hate the cleaning part too. At least I was away the week before so I didn't have too much time to get it messy again! lol

      Delete
  4. Carrie,
    I love love LOVE your new header, and I've already told you that your new photo is GORGEOUS! Keep the great posts comin', girlyfriend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis