Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Reduced Fat Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

A few weeks ago, I received a lovely email from Chobani Greek Yogurt stating that they loved my recipe for Cucumber Yogurt Lime Dip. They also said that they wanted to send me some yogurt as a thank you and if I happen to come up with another great recipe, all the better. Well, I think I did just that!

To me, Fall means pumpkin, so what better way to incorporate some of Chobani's famous Vanilla Greek Yogurt into these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. I don't like to keep a lot of sweets laying around the house, so when I do have a craving, I try to "lighten" the recipe up a bit so I don't feel so guilty eating them. This dessert was decadent, yet light at the same time and my family and I really enjoyed them.

Reduced Fat Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Cook Time: 1 hour       Refrigerator Time: 6 hours       Servings: 16
Ingredients
For the Crust
  • 9 Graham Cracker Squares
  • 1/4 c. Granulated Sugar
  • 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 5 tbsp. Butter, melted
  • 1 tsp. Butter
For the Filling and Cheesecake Bars
  • 1 lb. Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1/2 c. Granulated Sugar
  • 1/2 c. Pureed Pumpkin
  • 1/2 c. Chobani Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
Directions
For the Crust
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Add the crackers, sugar and pumpkin pie spice to a food processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly; then add in the butter and pulse until the crumbs form together.
  3. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8"x8" pan with the teaspoon of butter; then firmly press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan, coming up 1/2"-3/4" up the sides.
  4. Bake for 5-8 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool.
For the Filling and Cheesecake Bars
  1. Cream together all of the ingredients using a stand mixer until creamy.
  2. Pour the batter into the crust and spread out evenly.
  3. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the sides start to puff up and turn slightly brown. The center should be somewhat firm to the touch.
  4. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before cutting into 16 squares.
Enjoy! 


Nutrition Facts per Serving
Calories 141, Carbs 18.4g, Fat 5.1g, Protein 5.9g, Fiber .5g, Sugar 12.9g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis