Are you ready for the EASIEST dessert you're ever going to make? This Blueberry Crumb Cake is it! Five (YES 5!) ingredients and less than one hour of your time are all you need to make this scrumptious dessert.
My mother has been making this recipe for years, at least as far back as I can remember. And when a friend recently asked if I had any easy desserts she could make for Thanksgiving, I immediately thought of this one. Then I remembered I had never shared it here with all of you either. So of course, I had to go and make one myself. We prefer blueberry pie filling; however, I've made this with cherry, peach and apple pie filling and it was just as fabulous. If you don't like or can't have nuts, you can omit them completely from the recipe. My friend wound up making this recipe with the strawberry filling and said everyone in her family LOVED it and there was nothing left. ~Enjoy!
Blueberry Almond Crumb Cake
2 c. All-Purpose Flour
1/2 c. Granulated Sugar
1/2 c. Almonds, chopped fine
3/4 c. Butter (not softened), cut into small cubes
2- 21(ounce) cans Blueberry Pie Filling (any canned pie filling will work)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9" spring form pan on the bottom and sides with butter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, almonds, salt and butter.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the butter is the size of small peas and the mixture is crumbly (you can use 2 butter knives criss crossing to chop up the butter into smaller bits and blend into the flour if you don't have a pastry blender).
- Set aside 1 cup of the crumbs and pat the remaining crumbs into the bottom and 1-inch up the side of the spring form pan; then add the pie filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes; then spread the remaining 1 cup of crumbs evenly over the top of the fruit.
- Bake for another 20 minutes until the crumbs are lightly browned and the sides are bubbling.
- Allow to cool completely, then keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar before you are ready to serve. Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
Nutrition Facts per Serving