Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

National Cookie Day

When I first saw it was National Cookie Day, I thought to myself,  "Self, you have so much on your plate this year, are you really going to make a ton of cookies like last year?" My first reaction was "Of course I am! I love blaring Christmas music throughout the house while baking up a storm in my kitchen. I do it every year!"

And then my chest started palpating and anxiety started to set in. When would I make these cookies? Which new ones am I going to make, photograph and share? How many commitments do I have in the next month?

And there it was in black and white. "How many commitments do I have in the next month?". 


Almost every day starting from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas is consumed with "stuff". Holiday entertaining stuff. Birthday stuff. Family visiting stuff. Cheering competitions and practices stuff. School event stuff. Christmas shopping stuff. Blogging stuff.  Dog grooming stuff. House cleaning stuff. Driving stuff (that's just worrying, Rachael just got her license on Monday. Those of you with teenagers will feel my angst). College application stuff. And the list goes on and on...

So I decided to make it easy on myself this year and only make a few of my favorite holiday cookies. Here are some of our favorites! 

These Walnut Crescents are my all time favorite cookie. The crunchy, sweet 
outer layer combined with the buttery, nutty flavor inside is wonderful. 


This bark makes the perfect hostess gift and takes hardly any time at all to make.
I love the flavor combination of blueberries and pistachios, but you can
substitute any dried fruit and nut you like. 

I have to make these Eggnog Cookies every year. They're so light and airy 
and I just love the flavor of eggnog and nutmeg in this recipe. 

You probably already have this recipe in your baking repertoire, but these
 are the girls favorite cookie and a 'must make' every year. 

We can't forget these Linzer Tarts. They are my husbands' absolute FAVORITE!
I use raspberry preserves, but you can use any flavor jam or preserve you prefer. 

As for biscotti, these White Chocolate Blueberry Biscotti were one of my favorites. 
Biscotti make the perfect snack for my late night tea dunking. 

 If you are looking for more holiday baking ideas, download my Desserts eBook. The 68 page Downloadable PDF contains over 50 original dessert recipes to satisfy every sweet tooth including Cakes & Quick Breads, Muffins, Pies, Crisps & Tarts, Cookies, Biscotti, Chocolate, and Candy & Truffles and Bars. For only $2.99, you can download a copy now and get a head start on your holiday baking! 





What is your favorite holiday cookie? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis