Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, May 27, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pork

I had a request on my Facebook Page for a Pulled Pork Recipe. Since I never made it before, I wanted to try it out myself before sharing it with all of you. I'm not a huge fan of BBQ Sauce, which is why I added some honey to cut down the tartness of the flavor, but I had one of my guinea pigs (a.k.a. my husband and nephew) taste it and it was a hit!  I also tried it myself and it was pretty darn good.


BBQ Pulled Pork(Serves 6-8)
1 1/2-2 lb. Pork Tenderloin
1-12oz. Can Birch Beer (or Root Beer)
1 Tbsp. Dried Minced Onion
2 Cups Prepared Kraft Original BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Water
1 Tbsp.Garlic Powder


Put the pork in a slow cooker on low heat for 6-7 hours. Sprinkle with dried minced onion, add Birch Beer and let simmer on low heat for 6-7 hours or on high heat for 4-5 hours.  Drain the liquid. Using a fork, pull apart the pork tenderloin until it's shredded. Add BBQ sauce, honey, water and garlic powder and mix together. Put mixture into an oven safe baking dish and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes to help evaporate the excess liquid. Serve alone or on rolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis