Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, June 3, 2011

Baby Shower Fruit Punch

For those of you who know my warped sense of humor, you'll appreciate this. If you don't, it's all meant in fun. I was invited to a luncheon today for a small baby shower. When I asked what I could bring, they already had all of the food items covered so I offered to bring something to drink. I decided to make a fruit punch and added a little twist. Now look closely at the ice cubes. Yes, they are little "babies" floating in the punch as well as pink pacifiers (we know she is going to have a girl). The funniest part about this, besides them actually floating around in all of our cups, was when I was making the ice cubes at home. My husband came home late the night before and I hadn't had a chance to tell him about what my newest experiment was in the kitchen. He went into the freezer to grab some ice cubes for his drink and was shocked to find these little "babies" with their arms sticking out of the ice in our freezer.  Anyway, they were a big hit! I purchased the plastic babies and pacifiers from a local party store but they also had plastic diaper pins, duckies, umbrellas, etc. Whatever you decide to use, make sure that you gently soak them in hot soapy water, rinse and dry well before making the ice cubes.


Fruit Punch
2-12oz. Cans Frozen Concentrate Fruit Punch
1-2 Liter 7-Up or Sprite
4 Cans Cold Water
2 Cups Orange Juice
1 Container Rainbow Sherbet
1 Orange, cut in half then sliced in 1/4" slices

In a punch bowl, mix together the fruit punch, soda, water and orange juice. Just before serving, add the sherbet, orange slices and frozen ice cubes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis