Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, August 22, 2011

Spinach and Havarti Frittata

As I've mentioned once before, a frittata is simply a fluffy omelette partially cooked in an oven-safe frying pan then finished off in the oven. I actually prefer to make my eggs this way when we are in the mood for an omelette.  I like that you can make a large quantity and serve many people with one type of egg dish instead of making scrambled eggs for one and dippy eggs for another (our term for over-easy because you can dip your bread or bacon into the yolk). If you're like me and my family, we eat a light breakfast during the week (cereal, toast, fruit, etc) but on Sunday mornings, we splurge and want a big breakfast. I usually do most of the cooking myself which is another reason why I like to make this because I can start it off then while it's in the oven, I can prepare our toast or cut up some fruit to go along with it. 


Spinach and Havarti Frittata
5 Eggs
2/3 Cup Chopped Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
2 oz. Havarti Cheese
1/3 Cup Milk (I use 2%)
1 tsp. Butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and whisk until all of the yolks have broken. Add the spinach and the milk and mix well. In a small oven safe frying pan (like stainless steel), melt butter over medium heat and add your egg mixture. Add in your cheese and gradually scrape the eggs towards the center of the pan until it is halfway cooked. Place the entire pan into the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven using a pot holder (handle will be hot!). Serves 2. 


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Nothin better! love the spinach and any egg dish like this to share is ideal!

    BTW- I have my first giveaway contest today posted on my blog. Stop by if you are interested!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis