Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, November 7, 2011

Copycat Recipe Week: Day 1-Pork Stew from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen

It feels great to be back and in full swing again since I wasn't able to cook last week. The week prior, I started to make some of the recipes from some other great food bloggers that I follow and decided I'd make a special week out of it and feature some of the recipes that I have tried for my own family. Some will be exact, others will be inspired by (I had to do my own little twist somehow) but everyone of them were a hit. They are in no particular order, just the order as to when I happened to prepare them.

So, without further ado, I bring you to my first copycat recipe: Pork Stew from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen.  I have to say that when I first saw Bobbi's post for this recipe, I thought it did look good but I wasn't sure if my kids would like it. Then, when looking through the freezer the next week, I found a pork loin that I too, like Bobbi, had purchased in bulk and cut it down myself and froze it for later use. I was at a loss for dinner ideas this night and figured I'd try it out. It was cold and even started snowing later in the evening which made this meal even better. I used my Dutch oven to cook it on top of the stove and though I reduced her measurements to meet the size of my roast, I followed her ingredients to a tee. She was right because it was AMAZING! My 9 year old had me bring the stew in a thermos so that she could eat it in the car after her cheer practice and shared it with her friend..they devoured it and requested leftovers for lunch the next day. So, what does a good Mom do? She heats the stew up the next morning and packs up 2 thermo's full of the stew so that my daughter and her friend could have it for lunch the next day. 

I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did. Come back tomorrow to see who I will be featuring on Day 2. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, i think this is a great series you are doing. NOTHING is more of a compliment that to have someone try one of your recipes...

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave~Don't I know it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis