Pages

Stay Connected

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Fettucine with Asiago Cream Sauce

Now, for those of you watching your WW points, this one I didn't even bother to calculate because I was afraid to find out how many it would be. I certainly didn't make this the "lightened" version, as my kids and 18 yr. old nephew were going to eat it. (I went out to dinner and ate some incredible Fontina Stuffed Ravioli with a Butter Sage Sauce, which was probably no better!) But there are some things you just have to make and enjoy and this is one of them. 



Fettucine with Asiago Cream Sauce
2 lb. Fettucine
1 tbsp. Butter
1 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
3 c. Heavy Cream
3/4 c. Asiago Cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Parsley, garnish

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and then put back in the pot. While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan then add flour, forming a roux. Gradually whisk in the heavy cream until the roux dissolved, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and whisk in the cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper until the cheese has melted. Let simmer until the sauce starts to thicken, approximately 5 minutes. Add the sauce to the cooked pasta and mix well. Garnish with parsley. 

Serves 8. 

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Yum! Pasta is our friend:) Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week, Carrie!

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Meredith! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, anything with cream and your calling my name.

    Thanks so much for sharing this with Newlyweds Recipe Linky, don't forget to link back so others can find it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder Jenna! :)

    http://www.newlyweds-blog.com/2011/11/30/newlyweds-recipe-linky-3/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, this looks wonderful, going to have to make a special trip to the "big" grocery store to see if I can find some Asiago Cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Joan~Good luck! Let me know if you can't find any and I'll ship you some! :)lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. SIMPLE YET AMAZING! This really looks delicious with lots of twists. I'm definitely craving for a plate of that right now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This is definitely a must do recipe this weekend since I got my Food Safety Course.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis