Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, November 28, 2011

Scallion & Asiago Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

On Sundays, we generally eat a late breakfast, then whatever it is we have planned for the day, we like to be home by 3pm so that we can eat some apps, have a glass of wine and just unwind from the week and TRY to relax a little before the new chaos starts the next day. Last Sunday, I had some mushrooms and wanted to try out something new so I just chopped up the stems in my mini food processor, added some scallions and cheese and stuffed the mixture back in. The were great in a pinch and made a nice afternoon snack. 


Scallion & Asiago Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
1 pkg. 10oz. Mushrooms (I had 15 in my package)
1 Scallion, chopped
3 tbsp. Asiago Cheese
3 tbsp. Panko Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. Canola Oil


Rinse the mushrooms to clean off any dirt, then remove stems and add to a mini chopper so that they are finely chopped. In a bowl, add the mushrooms, scallions, cheese, breadcrumbs and oil. Mix well then stuff into the mushroom cap. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes. Makes 15. 


Points+=1 per mushroom


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love mushrooms, will have to see if I can find the cheese around here and try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan! DiGiorno makes a shredded version and they sell it in my grocery store. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis