Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vanilla Fig Balsamic Marinated London Broil

Many people use their outdoor grill year-round, but unfortunately for us here in the northeast, it just gets too cold. Usually by mid-December my deck has at least a foot of snow on it, which is where we keep our grill. So a few weeks ago I decided to make one last london broil on a nice day to use up what gas I had left in the tank. I was also trying to clean out my pantry and came across some of that Vanilla Fig Balsamic Vinegar I had purchased a few months back. This vinegar was great and I did use it in quite a few recipes so I decided to finish up the bottle with this marinade. The combination with the thyme and wine made this a tasty marinade and the meat was extremely tender. 

Vanilla Fig Balsamic Marinated London Broil
1 1/2-2 lb. Top Round London Broil
Marinade
1/4 c. Vanilla Fig Balsamic Vinegar (you can use regular if you don't have this type)
1/4 c. Pinot Grigio (or any other white wine)
1/2 c. Canola Oil
1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp. Fresh Thyme
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper


In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until well blended. Add the beef to a large, resealable plastic bag and add the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, then grill until desired doneness. Serves 6. 


Points+=1 per oz. of beef + add 3 points for the marinade (marinade assumes it would be enough for 10 servings)


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, Carrie! I have some fig balsamic in my pantry and hadn't thought of using it in a marinade, but I think a that's now in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, it makes a great marinade. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis