Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Champagne Chicken with Baby Portobello Mushrooms

Last night I was craving Chicken Marsala for dinner and I had purchased some baby portobello mushrooms last week that I needed to use. When I went to get the Marsala wine, I realized I must have used the last of it so I improvised and used some champagne I still had left. The chicken was delicious and tender and the portobello mushrooms and sweet champagne gave it a wonderful flavor. The sauce even went perfectly over the brown rice I had made to go with it. 



Champagne Chicken with Baby Portobello Mushrooms
3 Large Boneless Chicken Breasts
1-10oz. Package Baby Portobello Mushrooms, halved

1 Scallion, chopped
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 tbsp. Fresh Thyme
1 Cup + 2 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp. Butter
1/4 c. Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 c. Sweet Champagne (like Asti)
1 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Broth

Rinse your chicken and trim any visible fat. Then slice the chicken horizontally into 1/4" thick pieces (approx. 7-9 pieces) and pound with a meat mallet until pieces are uniform in thickness. In a bowl, mix together 1 cup of the flour and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour. Heat oil and 1 tbsp. of butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add flour-coated chicken and cook 2-3 minutes per side until they become lightly browned.  Place cooked chicken directly in an oven safe baking dish and repeat until all of the chicken is cooked through. Drain the grease from your pan but do not wipe clean (leaving the bits in the bottom). Add the remaining 1 tbsp. butter along with the mushrooms, scallions, thyme and garlic. Sauté until the mushrooms have softened and add the remaining 2 tbsp. flour; mix well. Next, deglaze the pan with your champagne and chicken broth and stir until the sauce becomes slightly thickened. Pour mixture over the cooked chicken and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes. Serves 6.

Points+=10pts
Nutritional Widget Image
Powered by eRecipe.com
Enjoy!

Pin It


Shared on The Newlyweds Blog 1/25/12

Shared on Baking Bad 1/27/12

9 comments:

  1. this looks great! I'm always looking for new chicken recipes. I have one for "riesling chicken" and another for "sherry chicken." never tried champagne. awesome idea :)

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa~those sound great too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would make an awesome Valentine's Day dinner at home. Delicious looking! Baby portebellos are always on clearance at my local grocery store but I never knew what to do with them. I am pinning this with hopes of finding a good buy on them soon.

    Thanks for linking up at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this my special pick today at Weekend Potluck! Swing by and pick up your featured button. Can't wait to try this! http://www.meetpenny.com/2012/02/weekend-potluck-february-3rd-through-february-5th/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinned - trying it tonight! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious recipe, appreciate your posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your recipe tonight, thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Jenn, thanks for stopping by to let me know. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis