Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, January 9, 2012

Gorgonzola & Sun Dried Tomato Portobello Mushrooms

I love Gorgonzola cheese, which is a veined blue cheese produced mainly in the northern region of Italy. However, the rest of my family does not. So when I picked up some crumbled Gorgonzola cheese instead of Goat cheese at the store, I had to find something to make with it. I purchased some large portobello mushrooms and made these for lunch. They were so flavorful and filling, I was glad I got them all to myself! If you wanted to make these as an appetizer for a group of people, simply purchase the baby portobello mushrooms instead. 

Gorgonzola & Sun Dried Tomato Portobello Mushrooms
4 Large Portobello Mushrooms, stems removed
1/4 c. Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
1/4 c. Sun Dried Tomatoes, not packed in oil, chopped
1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste

In a small bowl, mix together the cheese, tomatoes, garlic, oil, salt and pepper until well blended. Using a damp cloth, wipe off the mushrooms to remove any dirt. Stuff each mushroom cap with the cheese mixture, place in a baking dish and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. 

Points+=4pts per mushroom

Enjoy!


Just linked this recipe to Chef In Training Tuesday's Talent Show and Forkful of Comfort Wednesday Eats Link Party

6 comments:

  1. Yum! You put three ingredients together that I love, mushrooms, gorgonzola and sun dried tomatoes. So these sound fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous... I am also a huge fan of any blue cheese, but have also found that it is not always as popular as I think it is. these are very timely, I am starting to get excited about football and a potential superbowl (Go Saints) party, Always need a vegetarian dish that can double as main course or smaller wedges for appetizers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful choice of ingredients! I would have loved to help you eat them ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lisa, Dave and Ann! @Dave G-Men for me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look and sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis