Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Grilled Chicken & Pesto Panini

I love my Cuisinart Griddler/Panini maker! Not only does it make a great sandwich, but I use it to grill meats and vegetables during the colder months as well. The other night was one of those nights where I had about 30 minutes to cook dinner after I got home from carting the kids where they needed to be. So I prepared these sandwiches ahead of time so that all I had to do was grill them. They were DELICIOUS! There is nothing like fresh pesto on a sandwich and it's so easy to make too. 


Grilled Chicken & Pesto Panini
8 Thinly Sliced Chicken Breasts
1 Medium Panella Bread, sliced (or any other loaf of round bread), you won't use the entire loaf
8 Slices Fresh Mozzarella
2-3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
Prepared Classic Pesto
Olive Oil Cooking Spray

Lightly spray cooking spray on your grill pan and cook chicken until it is cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes (depending on thickness). Remove and let cool. Assemble your sandwiches by spreading some pesto on each side of the bread. Next, add your grilled chicken, tomato and mozzarella to one half of the bread then the top piece of bread. Repeat for remaining three sandwiches. Spray each side of the sandwich with cooking spray, close your grill/panini cover and squeeze down to form marks on the bread. The sandwich is done when it's golden brown and the cheese is melted. Makes 4 sandwiches. 


Classic Pesto
2 c. Fresh Basil, firmly packed
1/4 c. Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
1/4 c. Pine Nuts
3 Cloves Garlic
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until well mixed and the basil is a paste-like consistency. Makes 1/3 cup. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love my panini maker too! This one looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, this looks super yummy! I want it with a hot bowl of homemade tomato soup :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great to me! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis