Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, January 20, 2012

Roasted Chick Peas in Pomegranate Balsamic Vinaigrette

I was browsing recipes one day when I came across one for Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad by Mind Over Batter It looked phenomenal and I will definitely be making her version of this very shortly. But I didn't have any fresh limes or cilantro in the house but wanted to try my little spin on it. So I roasted the chick peas first, like I did when I made the Roasted Chickpea & Leek Hummus, then I just added some scallions for color and used some more of that wonderful Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar from Pampered Chef I purchased. This was SO easy to make, healthy and filling. I just wish I had made more! This would make a great salad on it's own or used on top of tossed salads to give it a little something extra. 


Roasted Chick Peas in Pomegranate Balsamic Vinaigrette 
(Inspired by Mind Over Batter Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad)
1-15oz. Can Chick Peas, rinsed and drained
1 Scallion (approx. 2 tbsp.), chopped
2 tsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
3 tbsp. Pampered Chef Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar 
3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil


Place chickpeas on a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and roast in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Let cool. In a bowl, mix together the chickpeas, scallions, rosemary, vinegar and oil until well blended. Makes approx. four 1/2 cup servings. 


Points+=7pts per 1/2 cup


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I will definitely be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fab!

    First time I ever had hummus was just after I moved to Austin. And had never heard of a chick pea.

    (I know. Right?)

    Now...LOVE CHICK PEAS. Who woulda thought?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never ate much of them growing up either Carrie and now I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis