Pages

Stay Connected

Friday, January 20, 2012

Seafood Frenzy Friday: Week 2

Welcome to Week 2 of Seafood Frenzy Friday! For those of you who missed it last week, I decided that just because I don't like seafood, it doesn't mean that all of you don't. So I will be featuring seafood recipes I find from other food bloggers to give you some variety since you won't find many seafood dishes here at CEK. 

Every Friday I will:
1. Randomly select recipes to showcase
2. Include the link to the recipe with a picture
3. Give a brief Bio about the blogger (which will be taken directly from their blog page)

If your recipe has been selected, I will notify you so that you can come back to grab the 
"I was featured on Seafood Frenzy Friday" button. 



Carrieā€™s Experimental Kitchen
Enjoy!

But first, a tip I saw from The Paper Cup Kitchen on Facebook this week: "Thaw fish fillets in milk to absorb the frozen taste and a fresh caught taste. (James Martin, British Chef)" Great tip~Thanks Nel!

BOBBI'S KOZY KITCHEN





Cod Ratatouille en Papillote

I wasn't raised in a foodie family. My Mom had a hand full of "go to" dinners. Monday night Meatloaf, and Tuesday night Tuna Casserole, etc. Many of her recipes called for canned soups, and the sides consisted of processed boxed foods. Both of which were high in sodium and/or fat. In 2004 I underwent Gastric Bypass surgery, which helped me to lose 160 pounds. Through that process I began searching for new recipes to showcase great food with good flavor. It became all about quality to me.That is when I became addicted to cooking. 
BURNT CARROTS

I was a very difficult child when it came to eating.  I survived on a 5-ingredient diet consisting of cream cheese (I once ate an entire block in one swoop), Kraft Singles cheese slices, ketchup, bacon, and mac and cheese.  I might still be munching on this dairy and pork heavy nutritionist’s nightmare if it weren’t for my husband, Chris. Desperate to impress him when we started dating, I’d try almost any food he asked me to (with the exception of cow’s heart).  As my love and knowledge of food grew, so too did my desire to find good ingredients.  




CELEBRATING HOME WITH KARIE ENGLES






Fettuccine with Lobster, Tomatoes & Saffron
I am an avid lover of food, wine, brew and great friendships.  I believe that we should live our lives out loud and enjoy every aspect of who we are, every day and I would like to bring to you the very best of what our lives can hold.  Great recipes to feed your families and decorating ideas for your home because your haven should be all that you want it to be.
CHINDEEP
I am the author of two books, “Chin Deep in Bubbles- Little Luxuries for Every Day,” which was published in 2001, and “Welcome Home – Tips For Turning Your Home Into a Luxurious Retreat,” which was published in 2004. The purpose of this blog is to share inspirational ideas. My desire it to create a place where you can find useful health tips, great recipes, frugal spa recipes for your bath time, and many other simple pleasures that will enrich your life.

CYNDI'S COLLECTION OF CONCOCTIONS AND CREATIONS





Crab Dip
I am a work in progress. I only say this because I'm not done building me yet. I LOVE learning about pretty much everything. Because of this I thought I could pass some of this info on to you... I am a "Jack of all trades" and a "Master of None".

KATIE'S CUCINA





Athenian Fish

 I enjoy making new recipes weekly--to me cooking is a form of therapy. After a long day at the office I like to get in the kitchen and cook a delicious meal that is both rewarding and nutritious.  I hope that my food adventures bring a little more excitement into everyone's kitchens! I'm part Italian, German, and Polish, and try to incorporate some of my heritage make-up into my food; however, I LOVE all foods and feel that every kitchen should have a wide variety of recipes on hand. Therefore I would never want to limit myself or my readers to one specific style of cooking.


The next recipe comes from The Mystic Blue Spice Company. They sell their own blend of spices, herbs, sugars, etc. However, this recipe was posted on their Facebook Page, not on their website and I thought you all might like it! 


The Mystic Blue Spice Company 
(click for link to website)


Krazy Curry Coconut Mussels


1 Sm white Onion - Diced
1 Med. Red Bell - Diced
2 Lg Garlic Cloves - Minced
4 Tbs Unsalted Butter
14oz unsweetened Coconut Milk
8oz Good Chicken Stock
1/4 C Mystic Blue Krazy Curry Powder (www.mysticbluespice.com)
1 Bay Leaf
3 Tbs White Wine ( I used a Sweet Chardonay )
2lbs of Mussels
How to:
Over med heat melt butter, add onion, bell pepper and garlic.  Cook over med heat 1-2minutes add Coconut Milk, Chicken Stock, then Krazy Curry Powder.  Mix will add Bay Leaf.  Cook over med-high heat for 6-8, leave uncovered, add White Wine and mix will.   Add Mussels, cooking an additional 6-7 until all shells are open (those that don't open.....DISCARD).  Garnish with a little parsley or cilantro.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing so many great recipes Carrie! I love seafood... looking forward to trying some of these and checking out their blogs. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adele, I'm glad I could find them for you! Enjoy your weekend also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing my recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis