Pages

Stay Connected

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tomato, Basil & Fresh Mozzarella Frittata

I'm not a big fan of breakfast, I'd rather wait the few hours after I get up to have an early lunch instead. But every now and then I like to have a frittata, which is nothing more than an omelette you bake in the oven (it just sounds so much better doesn't it...fri-ta-ta!). The eggs are so fluffy and I just love all of the flavor combinations you can make. By baking it in the oven, it also gives you those 10 extra minutes to prepare anything else you may want to serve along with it. I've made this many different ways, but this is my all time favorite. It even makes a great, quick dinner idea since it takes no time at all to make. If you're making it for a larger crowd, I like to cut back on the whole eggs and use mostly egg whites with a few whole eggs thrown in for color. 


Tomato, Basil & Fresh Mozzarella Frittata
4 Eggs
1/4 c. 2% Milk
1 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
1 Roma Tomato, chopped
2 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, chopped
Cooking Spray
  
In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Heat a stainless steel saute pan over medium and spray generously with cooking spray (I use Olive Oil or Canola), making sure you get the sides. Add the egg mixture to the pan and push the eggs towards the center, allowing them to cook evenly. When most of the liquid has been cooked, place the entire pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until the eggs have set and are firm. CAREFULLY remove the pan from the oven with an oven mitt (YES, the handle will be hot!). Serves 2. 


Enjoy!


Points+=7pts
 Nutritional Widget Image
Powered by eRecipe.com

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I love this. I used to make one when I was married that had everything in it...spinach leaves, mushrooms, everything.

    This one seems much easier for me now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love frittatas at our house... I make them when we get bored w/our typical lunch choices. I just love all the variations you can make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love the clean flavors of this frittata... but my husband would probably say 'where's the meat'? LOL :D Men!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi carrie, my daugther is requesting me to make this fritata...actually she saw it on your eRecipe profile. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely ... tomato, basil and mozzarella is just the best flavor combination ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for stopping by and for your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis