Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Vegetable Pasta Salad with a Pomegranate Balsamic Vinaigrette

I think I might have mentioned it before, but I love to find new vinegars and spices to use in my recipes. Last month, our cheerleading booster club held a vendor event with many at-home party representatives and I happened across a Pampered Chef table. Early on in my marriage, I probably owned most of their collection and had home parties several times. I hadn't seen their products in probably 10 years or so and was surprised to see they had increased their food offerings. They had this Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar that I thought sounded interesting so I ordered a bottle (amongst some other new spices I can't wait to try out!). During this past week between Christmas and New Year, my girlfriend had a luncheon with a small group and our children and I offered to bring a salad. This pasta salad was light and packed with flavor. The vinegar added a touch of sweetness but not overly so and paired nicely with the flavors of the sun dried tomatoes and zucchini. 


Vegetable Pasta Salad with a Pomegranate Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/2 lb. Farfalle Pasta (or your own choice)
1/2 c. Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
1 Small Zucchini, washed and quartered into 1/4" slices


Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse with cold water and drain. Add pasta to a bowl. Add the tomatoes, zucchini and dressing. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves 8 (1/2 cup servings). 




Dressing
1/4 c. Pampered Chef® Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
1/2 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper


Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. 


Points+=3 pts


Enjoy!


Linked to: Forkful of Comfort Wednesday Eats Link Party

4 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds very tasty! I love flavored vinegars, too. They can really help to dress a dish up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like to say that I had the honor of trying this and it was AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review of their product. I get invited to every neighborhood Pampered Chef party, being the only guy invited, I skip them, but I like to clean up at Garage Sales and buy the stuff second hand. Sounds delicious

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa, Jenn and Dave! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis