Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pecan Shortbread Bars

I found a recipe years ago for Cherry Shortbread Cookies in a magazine and even though I had saved it, the magazine name had been torn off over the years. The base recipe called for most of the same ingredients listed below, with the addition of dried cherries instead of pecans, they used unsalted butter and added slightly more flour. 

I had always wanted to try making my own "Pecan Sandies" and used this to create Holiday Baking #3--Pecan Shortbread Bars. I have to say, that I wish I had doubled or even tripled this recipe because they are THAT good! I also LOVE the fact that there are only 4 ingredients...how easy is that?! I hope you enjoy these as much as my family did. 


Pecan Shortbread Bars
1 c. All-Purpose Flour
4 oz. Salted Butter, chilled and sliced
1/4 c. Granulated Sugar
1/2 c. Pecans, finely chopped

Directions:
1. Add the flour, sugar and chilled butter to a food processor and pulse until the butter is chopped; then add in the pecans and pulse until it's mixed together. 
2. Add the mixture to a 8"x8" nonstick baking pan and press the dough into the pan.  
3. Place the entire pan in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes (I had mine in there for about 30). 
4. Remove from the refrigerator and bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the sides start to turn a light brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting them into squares. Makes 25 bars. 

Enjoy!




When making holiday cookie platters, I prefer to make my cookies much smaller than I normally would make them or how a recipe often calls for them. This allows you to add a wider variety to your platter and allows people to sample several different kinds. 

These bars can also be frozen; however, I suggest you put them in some sort of stable container with an airtight lid so that they do not crumble in transport. 








4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis