Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Low Fat Blueberry Muffins

I love cooked blueberries; however, I don't like to eat them raw. Isn't that weird? I'll eat them in cakes, pies, pancakes and in muffins though. Maybe it's a texture or hot vs. cold thing, I'm not quite sure. But I do LOVE blueberry muffins. 

I don't usually make many muffins at home because when I do, my youngest thinks that they're all for her and the rest of the family winds up eating more than they wanted to just to get some before she devours them all. I keep telling the little stick with a high metabolism that one day it's all going to catch up with her when she least expects it and BAM! Those muffins and desserts she keeps eating will be permanently planted on her hips! :) 

So lately, when I do make desserts or breakfast treats, I try to make them a little healthier, which leads me to these Low Fat Blueberry Muffins I made a few weeks ago. They really were moist and delicious and you would never tell they were low fat. Or at least she didn't because she probably consumed 8 out of the 12 muffins these made over the course of a few days! 

 


Low Fat Blueberry Muffins
2 c. All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 c. Skim Milk
1/2 c. Plain Yogurt (I used Chobani)
1/3 c. Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 tbsp. Canola Oil
1 pt. Blueberries, rinsed
Cooking Spray, if needed

Directions:
1. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. 
2. In a large bowl or stand mixer, add your milk, yogurt, sugar, eggs and oil and beat until blended. 
3. Next, add in your dry ingredients and combine until all ingredients are wet; then fold in the blueberries by hand. 
4. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or use paper muffin cups and fill them with batter three-quarters of the way to the top. 
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes; depending on your oven. They are done when the top springs back when lightly touched or when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. 
Makes 12 muffins. 


*Nutritional Information per Muffin: Calories 136, Carbs 27.2g, Fat 1.2g, Protein 4.6g, Fiber 1.4g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into CalorieCount and may not be 100% accurate.


Enjoy!

*Muffins freeze beautifully and make a quick, morning breakfast on the run. To keep them fresh, allow to cool completely, then place side by side in a resealable plastic freezer bag. When you're ready to eat, remove one muffin at a time 10 minutes prior to serving. 

6 comments:

  1. I like that only little oil goes in these muffins! And with blueberries I am sure they are really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these muffins ..more so as Im so fond of low fat cooking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These muffins were fab! I made them today and will defiinitely be making more , thank you xxx

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152591044905582&set=pcb.10152591051480582&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I missed this post!!! I'm so glad you liked them, thanks for stopping by to let me know!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis