Pages

Stay Connected

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bye, Bye Google Reader...Hello Bloglovin'!

Goodbye Google Reader...


For those of you that haven't heard, Google Reader will no longer exist as of July 1st (though since the announcement, there have been changes already).  If you're not familiar with Google Reader, it was a way for you to save a number of your favorite blogs into your personal reading list so that you can follow the ones you like. 

For me (as I'm sure with many), it wasn't without its challenges.  I for one, didn't read my favorite blogs as often as I liked to because it was a little cumbersome to follow along. With Google Reader, you had to click on each blog you saved, then scroll down to see all of their new posts. If you don't read them often enough (like every day!), it would get overwhelming to read all of the posts you missed. I felt like I would be scrolling forever! 

Hello Bloglovin!


Bloglovin' is another site that allows  you to follow the blogs you like; however, it is so much easier to use and follow. I personally like the fact that I can find my favorite blogs (entertainment, food & drink, etc) and then sort them into my own categories (food, baking, music, etc). However YOU wish to name it so that you can sort through them in a way that makes sense. 



I also love how it remembers the last time you log in and will tell you how many posts you missed from your favorite blogs since you last checked. Once you have scrolled through and read the posts you want, you can "Mark blog as read" and the blog name will "disappear" until there is a new post for you to see. 

So what are you waiting for? 

so you won't ever miss a post again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis