Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, April 8, 2013

Ceci Bean Salad

Both of my kids are not overly fond of mayonnaise; however, Gab will eat it on occasion in certain salads and lightly smeared on bread when eating a turkey sandwich. Which is why I find it very odd that one of her favorite salads to eat is this Ceci Bean Salad. 

There is a Japanese Hibachi restaurant not far from our home where we like to go out to eat once in a while that serves this type of salad on their salad bar. She always makes me get some on my plate for her to eat and has been begging me for years to make it at home. I finally got around to making it for her recently and she loved it. As you can see, it's a very simple recipe with little ingredients. In fact, at first I didn't even use vinegar until she said it was missing something and she was right. It definitely added that little extra "zing" it was missing. 


Ceci Bean Salad
19oz. Ceci Beans (garbanzo beans or chick peas)
2 Stalks Celery, washed and sliced
2 tbsp. Hellmann's® Mayonnaise
1 tsp. White Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt

Directions: 

1. Rinse ceci beans under cold water; drain.
2. Place the beans in a bowl, then add in the celery, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt; mix well.
3. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Makes 5-1/2 cup servings. 


*Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 159, Carbs 19.4g, Fat 5.3g, Protein 6.4g, Fiber 4.8g, Sugar .5g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.

Enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. Carrie,
    This looks so light and pretty! I wonder if I can get my kids to like beans this way? How do you think it would be with rice wine vinegar? (I use white vinegar in my laundry and would rather grab the little bottle of rice wine than try and measure out a teaspoon from the giant jug in the basement)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Kirsten and I don't see why rice wine vinegar wouldn't work. It's such a little amount just to give it a little "zing". I'm sure it will be fine. I was surprised when my youngest actually ate it at the restaurant, let alone loves it, but I guess like everything else they have to try it to see.

      Delete
  2. I don't blame her. This is a great salad. I make a variation of it frequently but I use lemon juice instead of vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be good too, I'll have to try that next time. Thanks Anita!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis