Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Marilyn's Crock Pot Meatloaf

Looking for a new meatloaf recipe you can make and let your crock pot do the cooking? Then this one is it! While speaking with a long time family friend recently, she told me about this meatloaf recipe that she got from her Italian mother in-law over 45 years ago. 

I had just purchased some ground beef and wanted to give it a try, but the night I planned on making it we had some change in plans and I wouldn't be home long enough to cook it on top of the stove. She didn't give me any measurements other than what ingredients were in it so I just had to eyeball it until it looked right to me. I mixed all of the ingredients and put it in my crock pot instead and I have to say it was delicious and moist and everyone loved it. I served mine with egg noodles, fresh green beans and a salad. Thanks for a great recipe Marilyn! <3

Marilyn's Crock Pot Meatloaf
1 lb. Ground Beef (I used 85% lean)
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 Egg
1/2 c. Italian Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
10oz. Mushrooms, washed and sliced
6oz. Hunt's Tomato Paste
12oz. Water
1 tbsp. Kitchen Bouquet



Directions:
1. Heat oil in a nonstick saute pan, then add in the mushrooms. Cook until they start to soften. 
2. While the mushrooms are cooking, add the beef, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, egg, and breadcrumbs to a bowl. Mix well then form into a rectangle shape. 
3. Place the meatloaf into your crock pot; then place the cooked mushrooms on top. 
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato paste, water and kitchen bouquet; then add it to the crock pot. 
5. Cook on low 4-6 hours or warm 6-8 hours. If you'd like to cook this on top of the stove, place in a covered Dutch oven and cook over a very low heat for 1-1 1/2 hours. Makes 8 slices. 


*Nutritional Information per Slice: Calories 196, Carbs 10.2g, Fat 11.3g, Protein 14g, Fiber 1.9g, Sugar 3.9g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into CalorieCount and may not be 100% accurate. 


Enjoy!

Shared on Weekend Potluck 4/5/13

7 comments:

  1. Carrie,
    I still have ground beef from our cow in the freezer, and I'm always looking for new ideas to use it.
    This looks like a great way to make a meatloaf on the nights I'm away from home all afternoon.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kirsten, thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Adrienne, I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. In my crock pot right now :) It looks like it makes a ton of gravy which is always a bonus for me. Will serve with mashed potatoes, green beans, and probably salad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis