Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sun Dried Tomato & Asiago Cheese Pesto

Right after I made the Spinach Pesto my kids were craving panini's for dinner and it would have made a nice spread with the grilled chicken. So instead, I made a quick batch of this Sun Dried Tomato & Asiago Cheese Pesto to go on our sandwiches and they were AMAZING! The family liked them so much that I didn't even get a chance to photograph the sandwiches themselves. Pesto will last about a week in the refrigerator or if you're not going to use it by then, you can also freeze it. 

Some other uses for this pesto might be to mix it with cooked pasta, mix it in with a risotto, or use as a filler in stuffed chicken or pork. Hmmm....I better go make some more because that sounds delicious! 


Sun Dried Tomato & Asiago Cheese Pesto
1 c. Sun Dried Tomatoes
2 Garlic Cloves
1 c. Fresh Basil
2 tbsp. Asiago Cheese, shredded
3/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:
1. Add the tomatoes, garlic, basil and cheese to a food processor and pulse until all ingredients have blended together. 
2. With the machine running, gradually add the oil until the mixture forms a paste-like consistency. Makes 1 1/2 cups (24 tablespoons) 


*Nutritional Information per Tablespoon: Calories 65, Carbs 1.4g, Fat 6.8g, Protein .4g, Fiber .3g, Sugar .9g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Or as a pizza sauce!!
    I really need to figure out how to make my own sun dried tomatoes. It can't be that hard, I mean, the sun shines on my house, you know?
    Thanks, Carrie, for a tasty-looking sauce/spread/dip/concoction!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis