Monday, October 10, 2011

Balsamic Pasta with Chicken & Vegetables

I love last minute meals like this where you can use whatever leftovers you have laying around, like this leftover roasted chicken. By the time the end of the week comes, I'm usually left with pieces of vegetables and this is where they come to good use. Just throw them in with some pasta and you have a complete meal. Such was the case with this pasta I made last Sunday afternoon. Now normally, I love to have something like a roast on a Sunday, but we spent 90% of our day, painting our dining room, living room and hallway. Then the other 10% was spent, going on supply runs to our nearest home improvement store (which is 15 minutes one way..talk about time sucker!) and picking up our daughters from their "day of fun" with their friends, of course at completely different times and locations throughout the day. And once again, a big THANKS to my friend Jenn for bringing my youngest to her football game (I hate missing her games but when the hubby can only do work on weekends, we had to seize every opportunity). Anyway, so even after all of this, dinner still had to be made. So I took what I had and made this pasta dish along with a salad and dinner was served(...and then I crashed!).


Balsamic Pasta with Chicken & Vegetables
1 lb. Penne Pasta
1/2 c. Zucchini, cubed
1/2 c. Sliced Mushrooms
3 Scallions, sliced
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1/2 c. Sundried Tomatoes
1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
1 c. Cooked Chicken, diced
1/2 c. Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
1/4 c. Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 c. Low-Sodium Chicken Broth

Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside. In a large pan, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, scallions, garlic, tomatoes and rosemary until the vegetables start to soften. Next, add in the cooked chicken, vinegar, and chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes. Add your cooked pasta and cheese then mix well. Serves 4-6.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis