Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm a Lucky Recipient of The Versatile Blogger Award

I can't believe it's only Tuesday and I've had such a terrific week so far. I think I FINALLY figured out the newest changes on my Facebook page and can actually see and acknowledge all of the great new foodie friends I have made, along with some really great new blogs. I look forward to reading each and every one, including Lisa's Dinnertime Dish, who so graciously gave me this award. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I'm blessed to have found so many wonderful bloggers out there in such a short amount of time. 




The Rules of this Award Are:

1.  Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself
3.  Send it along to 15 other Bloggers and let them know you have awarded them!




Seven Things About Me:
1. My parents divorced when I was 8 years old. It is also around that time that I started trying out my hand in the kitchen. 

2. I have lived most of my life in Northern NJ, except for a short stint in Southern CA back in the late '70's early '80's and HATED when my mother would drag my sister & I to the beach each weekend...the horror! (I was only 10 at the time). Oh yeah and see #3, I lived in Providence, RI for 4 years during college too. 

3. I met my husband while at college in Providence, RI 23 years ago when we found out that we grew up 5 minutes from each other back in NJ. We were friends for 5 years and stayed that way even after college until we started dating and have now been happily married for 16 years. 

4. I have two daughters, Rachael-15 (yes, I know...it's spelled different than the norm) & Gabrielle-10, whom I am extremely proud of. They're kind, considerate (most of the time, except for when I have to tell them to pick up their clothes off of the floor), and have completely different personalities which I love.

5. I only had one sibling, a sister, who died at the age of 32 (on 9/5/01 in a car accident (don't drink and drive and wear your seatbelt please!)

6. I love spending time with my family and going to different places. This past summer we spent 2 1/2 weeks in Europe visiting Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Rome, Tuscany, Sorrento, Turkey, Athens and Santorini. It was my first experience outside of the US and I can't wait to go back and and spend more time there. My favorite places were Tuscany, Sorrento and Santorini. 

7. I have some of the best girlfriends anyone could ever ask for and we play Bunco once a month. 

And now I have to award 15 Blogs this award, which is going to be hard because Lisa has already named quite a few of my favorites so I'll have to pick some others to make it fair. :)
     
Congratulations to everyone! I'm happy to pass this award on to all of these fantastic blogs!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! And your "Rachael" is spelled like Rachael Ray, so she's in good company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for rewarding me.. You have some great stuff on here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for thinking of me!! I appreciate your foodie kinship and I love your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heather and you're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so very my dear Carrie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, thank you so much! I can't wait to pass this on but first I have to think of 7 things people don't know about me but would actually like to know, haha
    Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome Mia and Joan! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis