Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, October 24, 2011

How to Make Oven Dried Sun Dried Tomatoes

I wanted to make a sun dried tomato pesto myself but realized I ran out of the store bought variety I usually buy. I then remembered that my Mother in Law had given me some plum tomatoes last week from her garden that weren't fully ripened at the time so I bought some more at the store. Now, I had this abundance of ripe tomatoes and wasn't sure what to do with them. Did you ever wonder how to make sun dried tomatoes yourself, without having to wait days for them to dry out in the sun? Well, now you can and they're so simple!  


Line them on a foil lined sheet pan, drizzled them with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and some Kosher Salt and baked them in a 300 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours. 


Once done, simply store them in an airtight container, cover with olive oil and refrigerate.




Once you've used them, don't discard the oil! Use it as a base for salad dressings, for sautéing vegetables or even as a dip for hot bread. 


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow I've never known how to make sun dried tomatoes. These look phenomenal!

    I'm your newest follower for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Don't forget to read my latest post about the Giveaway also. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis