Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, November 14, 2011

Tequila Lime Marinated Chicken Quesadillas

A few Sunday's ago, I made a roast beef for dinner. Nothing special. Just seasoned it with some salt, pepper and garlic powder. But it was entirely too much meat for the four of us. I knew it would be but I was ok with that because the hubby didn't get much of my Beef Barley Soup when I made it last time. So for dinner that next week, I made some of the soup, to use up my leftover beef, and also made some quesadillas since I had some of that Colby Jack shredded cheese leftover as well from when I made that Chorizo, Peas & Colby Jack Risotto. If you can't tell by now, I was in a 'clean out the fridge' kind of mood...little did I know I would have to completely empty my refrigerator the next week due to our power outage. I wanted to throw some chicken into it so I defrosted 2 large boneless chicken breasts, sliced them in half horizontally, then marinated them in the Tequila Lime Marinade I made back in June. I let the chicken marinate for about 4 hours, grilled them on my indoor grill pan, then sliced them into thin strips. I also had one plum tomato left and 1/2 of a jalepeno pepper so I made a little bit of my Fresh Garden Salsa to go with it...Delish! This was the perfect quick meal for a cold, rainy night. 


Tequila Lime Marinated Chicken Quesadillas
4 Whole Wheat Tortillas (you can use whichever kind you like)
2 oz. Tequila Lime Marinated Chicken, cooked and thinly sliced
4 oz. Shredded Low Fat Colby Jack Cheese


Lay tortilla out on a flat surface and place one whole piece of sliced chicken on half of the tortilla. Then, cover with 1 oz. of the cheese. Fold down the other half of the tortilla and repeat the process for the other three. Place them on a baking sheet and cook in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes; until the cheese has melted. Cut in half and garnish with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole Serves 2-4. 


Weight Watchers Points+ Value Per Serving = 7 (without the sour cream or guacamole)


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis