Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Guest Blogger-Mushroom and Parmesan Filo Tarts from The Paper Cup Kitchen

Bonjour! I'm heading out to explore the sites of Paris, but I have to say, all of this traveling is exhausting...exciting, fun, but exhausting nonetheless! 


Today I'm so honored to have Nel here with us and like she mentions below, we have all met some wonderful foodie friends along the way and she is definitely one of mine. I always look forward to see what she's going to whip up next! Please join me in welcoming Nel from The Paper Cup Kitchen


Hi There Foodies. I am a Stay at home Mom of two, Nicholas- 3 and Allegra – 1,  and married my Prince Charming nearly 7 years ago. Food makes me smile and it makes my heart beat faster. The only place where I know I fit just perfectly, is in the kitchen. My true passion is baking and decorating and I hope that one day I will open up the doors to The PaperCup Tea Garden. I started PaperCup in 2011 whilst we were living in Moscow, Russia. Living the life of an Expat can sometimes get very lonely and the blog has not only brought the whole world into my kitchen, but I have met so many gorgeous Foodie Friends. I am so happy that I have taken the plunge and started this Food Blog Adventure. I am not a brilliant writer, I am not a brilliant cook, I am not a brilliant baker BUT I do invite you into my kitchen….. take your shoes of, relax, have a bite to eat and let's have a chat.  Foodie Love~Nel (Marie)















Mushroom and Parmesan Filo Tarts 
(Serves: 6)


Ingredients: 
Butter for greasing the tin and filo squares
135g Filo Pastry, cut into 18 squares (should be larger than a muffin liner)
140g Mushrooms, sliced (5oz)
1 small Onion
½ Red Pepper, diced
Handful roughly chopped Baby Spinach Leaves
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
20g Pine Nuts (3/4 oz)
60g Parmesan Cheese, grated (2oz)
2 medium Eggs
2 tablespoons/30ml Single Cream
Salt and freshly grated Black Pepper to taste



Method:

1.               Preheat the oven to 180°C. (365 F)

2.               Using the butter, brush 6 holes of a muffin tin.

3.               Very gently, press one filo square into each hole and then brush again with a little butter.

4.               Repeat with the remaining squares until you have three

squares in each hole.

5.               Sauté the onion and red pepper for about 3 minutes and then add the mushrooms.
6.               Add the spinach leaves, garlic and pine nuts and sauté for another 3 minutes.
7.               Add the parmesan cheese and mix well.
8.               Divide the mixture between the filo cases.
9.               Beat the two eggs with the cream and spoon over the mix in the filo cases.
10.              Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
11.              Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until just set.
12.           Serve with a fresh green salad.

*Nel cooks in metric so I did my best to add in US measurements next to the ingredients but you can also view conversions here


2 comments:

  1. wonderful to see Nel from The Paper Cup Kitchen here and with a super delicious recipe that would be a great starter for a dinner party..thank you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post Beverley! xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis