Pages

Stay Connected

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Guest Blogger-Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes from Knead to Cook


Good Saturday Morning to All of You! Today I'm thrilled to have Robin here from Knead to Cook. She has wonderful, healthy recipes that you're going to LOVE! Please join me in welcoming Robin to CEK!



Hi my name is Robin and I am the creator of the food blog Knead to Cook .I’m married to my best friend and the man of my dreams for the past 15 years.  Bill and I have two wonderful daughters that keep life very busy.  We have two cats and one black lab – all rescued animals.  I’m also a stay at home mom who rarely stays at home.  Thankfully, I love to workout as much as I love to eat!  Keeps me in check.  I’m not a crazy calorie counter, dieter etc.  I love to eat good food and I work out hard to keep myself in balance.  We try to eat as organic as possible.  I shop local farm stands and markets to buy local produce and dairy.  I love weightlifting, yoga, pilates and running

I’m an Italian girl who grew up watching and eating whatever my grandmother & aunt cooked.  My passion for food grew as I got older.  I understood that food was more than just a vehicle to fueling the body – it was a way to connect with loved ones.  I am addicted to food.  Reading recipes, creating, cooking and of course, eating!  I love it all.  I enjoy cooking for my family and friends.  It’s simply a way for me to share my love with each of them.  Plain and simple. I believe that when you cook with love, it comes through in the food and I know that people can sense that and of course, taste it as well. In life you must be passionate about what you do, otherwise, there is no sense in doing it.

Happy Eating!
~Robin


I won’t lie… I adore strawberry season!  We grow them and we still can’t get enough.  I run to pick or just buy strawberries from the farm at least 4 times a week.  Seriously, we have a problem. When I got home from my run this morning I thought of strawberry shortcake and why not turn that into a pancake?!  How bad could that be.  YES – it turned out fabulously and I made a Chobani banana sauce for the top to enhance these sweet pancakes even more.  The best part… they are very healthy so I wouldn’t blow the efforts of my very hot, sweaty run.  Can’t wait for you to try these!!
Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes with Chobani Sauce (healthy)
Ingredients:
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour

3/4 cup of all-purpose unbleached flour

3 tablespoons of sugar (I used Truvia for way less calories)

2 tablespoons of ground flax seed meal

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/4 cups of milk, almond milk or whatever type you have on hand

1/2 stick of melted butter

2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup of sliced strawberries (fresh)
Directions:
Whisk together the flours, sugar, powder, flax seed and salt.  Then in my large measuring cup I whisk together the milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.  Add the liquid mixture to the dry and blend well.  Then add the strawberry and mix until incorporated.
Ladle into hot griddle (sprayed with non stick spray) and flip and cook until golden on each side.
Sauce:
1 -6 ounce container of strawberry banana Chobani

2 large ripe bananas

10 strawberries, washed and hulled

1/4 cup of milk
Blend this together with a hand immersion blender.  Pour on top of the pancakes in lieu of syrup
 Enjoy!






3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis