Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Guest Blogger-Turkey Peanut Meatballs in Glass Noodles from Mia's Domain

Happy 4th of July to all of my American friends! I wish I could celebrate with you, but at the time of this post, I have just arrived in Barcelona and am probably on my way to the hotel, so maybe I'll go run with some bulls instead of lighting fireworks tonight!  ;)


Today, I have the lovely Mia Reiter from Mia's Domain with us today to share her recipe for these delicious Turkey Peanut Meatballs. I'm also excited to announce that she has recently started her own home based baking business in the Garden Ridge, TX area (Texas Hill Country) so for all of my TX friends out there (I know you're reading this!), go check out her product offerings here, you truly won't be sorry!



As a young girl, I frequently visited my beloved grandma who lived in a very small village just outside of town. Though she only had a tiny kitchen with no refrigerator and a makeshift outdoor stove, she enjoyed cooking everything from scratch...with lots of love! I’ve long since sampled a wide variety of unique foods from around the world - but my inspiration, passion, and LOVE for food STILL comes from Grandma. I try to buy everything from local farms or farmers markets whenever possible, using mostly fresh, wild, natural, or organic ingredients. I thrive on experimentation and make everything from scratch at home. I have no formal training and I'm not a professional chef, nor do I claim to be a photographer. I am simply sharing my joy of food with you. It's also important to mention that my recipes are not as much about dieting, as they are about enjoying REAL unprocessed food. I also am doing my best to share recent articles that further support my beliefs regarding food and wellness related issues.  



After over a year of blogging and several decades of experimentation, I've now chosen to offer my community real, hand crafted, homemade, unprocessed natural or organic food - that tastes great but doesn't break the bank! I am also experimenting with several new recipes for those with dietary restrictions (gluten-free, eggless, sugar-free, etc.) and welcome your requests and feedback. Before you ask - Yes! I have big plans for the future...but everyone has to start somewhere. I promise you that if you support me now, you'll eat well in the future! Bon Apetit!

Hope you enjoy! ~ Mia


Turkey Peanut Meatballs in Glass Noodles

Meatballs:
1 pound fresh lean ground turkey
1 small white onion, chopped
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 large egg
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Handful fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 teaspoon mustard
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Pre heat oven to 400 F. Combine all the ingredients together and mix well to combine. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Roll into about 1" diameter balls. Arrange on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked. Keep warm.

Peanut Sauce:
1 can full cream coconut milk
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon honey
Sea salt and black pepper to taste


Bring coconut milk to a boil, whisk in peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, sweet chili sauce, garlic, and honey. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Continue whisking until the sauce thickens and smooth (about 3 to 4 minutes). Set aside.

Glass Noodles:
1 packet glass noodles/vermicelli

Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Remove from heat. Add glass noodles. Set aside for 3 to 4 minutes to soften, or until al dente, then drain. Cut noodles into small pieces with a pair of scissors (optional).

Arrange noodles at the bottom of a large serving platter. Add meatballs and drizzle sauce all over the top. Garnish with fresh herbs and chopped peanuts. Serve hot.




As home based baker, I'm only capable of serving the Garden Ridge,Texas community and those in close proximity at this time...but I'm hoping to expand my reach ASAP! At this time, it is best for me if you pick-up your orders from my house at the designated time. Special arrangements can be made, such as very local delivery or a different pick-up time - but those agreements must be made in advance and may incur an additional fee, depending on the scenario. Mail order is NOT available at this time.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis