Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins




Did you ever have one of those days (who are we kidding...weeks, months, years!) where you just can't handle the stress of other people putting demands on you and your personal time so you bake...I like to call it "stress baking". Well it's been a little stressful around here since I've come back from vacation. You see, I'm the ultimate planner, list writer, and schedule keeper. I hate to be late and I hate it even more when I make plans that I have to keep canceling or changing because Joe Blow from So and So company can only come on THAT particular day/time. Well isn't that convenient for you...hello, my name is CUSTOMER! Ok, I think I'm done ranting now. 


In any event, between having to wait for contractors and coordinate schedules between 3-4 different companies at once, all the while having to drive my kids to their sports practices, which keep getting changed as well. Yes, we parents do have lives other than to drive our children back and forth all over town and adding on an extra hour to practice the night before doesn't help matters any. (Oh wait...didn't I say I was done with my rant?!). 

So  one day I had finally had enough. The "Let's stick a fork in it, I think it's done" kind of day and all I wanted was chocolate. Now I don't crave chocolate often so it's not something I usually keep in the house. It wasn't like I could eat a Twix and call it a day. I saw I had some bananas rotting away and decided to throw in some semi-sweet chocolate chunks I had along with some peanut butter, which I have also been craving lately. These were PERFECT and completely satisfied my craving for something sweet. 

Now, if only I didn't have to sit around here for another 3 hours to wait for the plumbing inspector from town to tell me that the gas company (that's been in business since 1938!) did a great job hooking up the gas lines for my stovetop and let them light it up. Yes, my kitchen is done, but I still don't have a working stove. Oh yes, and my grill has a gas leak so I can't use that either. Did I mention hubby has been away for 3 weeks on business too?!. Oh heck, I think I'm just going to go have another muffin! If you don't hear from me, come look for me I may be in a sugar coma. :)



Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
2 c. All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 c. Granulated Sugar
1 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
1 Egg
2 tbsp. Milk
1/2 c. Oil (I used Canola oil)
4 Medium Ripe Bananas (or 3 large)
1/4 c. Water
1/4 c. Peanut Butter (I used Skippy Creamy)
1/2 c. Chocolate Chips (I used Semi Sweet)

Directions:
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and cocoa powder. 
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil and milk. 
3. Place your bananas in a blender and add the water and peanut butter and mix until smooth. 
4. Add the egg and banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well; then stir in the chocolate chips. 
5. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or line them with cupcake liners; then scoop out the batter until it is filled about 3/4 of the way to the top. 
6. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the top springs back when touched or when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. 
7. Allow to cool on baking racks. Makes 18. 

Enjoy! 


Shared at Everyday Mom's Meals Church Supper 08/12

8 comments:

  1. What a crazy time Carrie! I think these muffins sound like the perfect answer when you're stressed out! Chocolate and peanut butter make everything better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I love a good muffin and your recipe looks absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I definitely understand the "stress baking" that can occur! I hope you are able to relax and enjoy the moment soon! This treat looks like a perfect treat, and well perfect for a VERY stressful day:-) Sending hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! My little Monkey would love these! Perfect for a school morning breakfast. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis