Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, August 20, 2012

Mediterranean Chick Pea Salad

Last week while my mom was visiting from Florida, we went out for dinner at a local Japanese restaurant for hibachi style dinner. Before they start the "show", you can help yourself to their salad bar where they have this chickpea salad that my daughter loves. It's made with mayonnaise, which I try not to eat that often, so I decided to make my own chick pea salad with a little more flare! This is a flavorful salad idea for a picnic or a guiltless, healthy lunch. 





Mediterranean Chick Pea Salad
1-15oz. can chick peas, rinsed and drained
2 tsp. capers
1 tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
1/2 c. tomatoes, finely chopped
1/4 c. Kalamata olives, chopped (about 10)
1/2 c. cucumber, skin on and small dice
2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves 4. 

Enjoy! 



6 comments:

  1. I'll be trying this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chickpeas! YUM great recipe!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never get enough new chick pea salad recipes. I love these Mediterranean flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, I'm so glad you like this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great will have to make this weekend. I think I even have all the ingredients in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think, the girls and I loved it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis