Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Peach Crisp

July, August and September is the heart of peach picking season here in NJ and let me tell you, they're beautiful this year. (Well, at least the markets I've been going to!) They were so plump and mouthwateringly juicy, I just had to eat one on it's own before I could even cut it up for this crisp! I used the standard yellow skin peach variety, but feel free to try the white flesh or donut peaches if you'd like instead. This is another one of those easy recipes you can make last minute if you're in the mood for a little something sweet and even top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you wish. 



Peach Crisp
4-5 large peaches
1 tbsp. corn starch
1 tsp. Ground nutmeg
1 tbsp. butter, chilled

Directions:
1. Cut the peach in half around the pit. Remove the pit, peel and slice the peaches and add to a bowl. 
2. Add the cornstarch and nutmeg to the peaches and mix well. 
3. Add the mixture to a baking dish (I used a 9"x9").
4. Cut up the butter into small pieces and place them through out the peaches. 

Topping
1 c. oats
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
6 tbsp. butter, melted

Directions:
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until it is a crumbly mixture. 
2. Add the topping evenly over the peaches, then bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the peaches have softened (I use the tip of a sharp knife and stick it into the mixture) and the top is lightly browned. 
3. Remove from the oven and let cool. Serves 9. 

Enjoy! 

Shared on Foodie Friends Friday 8/17/12

4 comments:

  1. I love fruit crisps! Thanks for sharing, Carrie, and posting at Foodie Friends Friday! Please remember to come back and vote on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious... although I have had a hard time finding good peaches here in Upper Michigan... Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday... Just realized although I was following you on facebook wasn't following your blog... I am now.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious. I love peaches and I love anything in a crisp and I would LOVE this! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Hope you came back to VOTE on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I'm so glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis