Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Deconstructed Roasted Eggplant Parmesan

Eggplant Parmesan is my absolute favorite thing to eat and ultimate comfort food, but I wanted to try it a new way without frying the cutlets. So I deconstructed it, which means that you use the same ingredients called for in a recipe but assemble it differently. In this recipe, I roasted the eggplant first, then mixed it together with the rest of the ingredients commonly found in a good eggplant parmesan. I used this more as a side dish than an entire meal and served it with linguine (for the kids) and a garden tossed salad (for me!). YUM! 




Deconstructed Roasted Eggplant Parmesan
1 Large Eggplant, rinsed and cut into chunks (about 10 cups chopped)
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 c. Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1 c. Marinara Sauce (homemade or store bought)
1/2 c. Italian Flavored Bread Crumbs


Directions:
1. Add the eggplant, garlic, oil, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix together. 
2. Place mixture on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes; turning halfway. 
3. Remove from the oven and add roasted eggplant mixture back to the bowl. 
4. Add in 3/4 c. of the cheese, sauce and breadcrumbs and mix well. 
5. Place mixture in an oven safe baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. 
6. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling. Serves 6. 


*Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 264, Carbs 19.4g, Fat 16.9g, Protein 12.3g, Fiber 5.7g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into CalorieCount and may not be 100% accurate.

Enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. I am in love with your blog, and I would like to give you some feedback! For me, it's because of your recipe choices that make me come back!! Your blog design is very clear and functional and I like that too. And I still have yet to explore all your tabs. I have so much to do still to make my blog look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shiloh, that's so sweet of you to say and I'm so glad it's so easy to follow ;)

      Delete
  2. Saw your egg plant dish on Pinterest...printing it out now! Can't wait to try this - Thanks- for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis