Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Maple and Sage Glazed Petite Carrots

I never used to like carrots, but now snack on them frequently during the day. My kids only seem to like them if they can dip the carrots into something or if it has some sort of flavoring on them so I came up with these. I prefer to use fresh carrots and only steam them 3/4 of the way so that they still have a little crunch to them. I also used sugar free maple syrup in this recipe, just to give it the maple flavor without the added sugar from regular maple syrup. These were so simple and quick to make and the kids loved them! 

Maple and Sage Glazed Petite Carrots
1-10oz. pkg. Petite Baby Carrots
1 tbsp. Butter
1 tbsp. Sugar Free Maple Syrup
1 tsp. Fresh Sage, chopped
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Directions:
1. In a double boiler, steam carrots until they are tender but firm.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter; then add in the carrots, syrup, sage, salt and pepper.
3. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Serves 4.


*Nutritional Information: Calories 58, Carbs 8.9g, Fat 3g, Protein .5g, Fiber 2.3g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into CalorieCount and may not be 100% accurate.


Enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. I love cooked carrots and broccoli! I cannot eat them raw. Bitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can eat carrots raw but I feel the same about broccoli.

      Delete
  2. I love the combination of sweet and savory-I just bet these taste delicious.
    My farm share provides the sweetest carrots I've ever eaten, so we've been enjoying them sliced with or without hummus, but I've bookmarked this recipe for winter when I'm using store bought carrots.
    I've never heard of sugar free maple syrup, though. I get a jug of maple syrup from the farmer's market each year, and have only ever seen the one kind available. Pure maple syrup. Makes me wonder how they'd remove the sugar from the maple syrup when it's just boiled down sap? I'll have to investigate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsten, The syrup is probably all processed with flavorings and I also prefer real maple syrup. I can only eat it sparingly myself (it gives me a headache). My MIL is a diabetic and she started using this sugar free kind and when my kids tried it, they liked it also so I buy it for them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis