Pages

Stay Connected

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Kisses Sugar Cookies

When Carrie from Bakeholic Mama made something with Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses a few weeks ago, I couldn't wait to find them. White chocolate with pumpkin spice flavors, what could be wrong with that? And search I did...for weeks! Until my local grocery store finally started carrying them. I wasn't sure what to make with them, but was in the mood for a simple sugar cookie and the BEST sugar cookie I've found was from my sister in law Barbara. They are nice and fluffy every time, just the way I like them. So I took her recipe, added in some pumpkin spice and chopped Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses and came up with these. DELICIOUS! And...so easy too. Now I have to find some other way to use up the rest of the candy since I still have about 1 1/2 bags left so stay tuned! :)


Pumpkin Spice Kisses Sugar Cookies
1 c. Butter, softened
1 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar
1 Egg
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
24 Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses
Cooking Spray


Directions:
1. Cream together the butter and sugar; then add in the egg and vanilla. Mix well. 
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and pumpkin spice. 
3. Gradually add the flour to the sugar mixture. Mix until all ingredients have been combined. 
4. Using a knife or a hand chopper, chop the kisses into small pieces then add them to the cookie batter; stirring only until the pieces have been mixed throughout. 
5. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 
6. Remove the dough, preheat oven to 350 degrees and scoop cookie dough onto a greased baking sheet and bake approximately 10-12 minutes until the bottom turns slightly brown. Makes 2dz using a medium/2tbsp. scoop. 

Enjoy! 


Shared at Recipes for My Boys Thursday's Treasures 10/3/12

Shared at Sweet as Sugar Cookies 10/6/12 


Shared at LifeScoops 10/24/12

10 comments:

  1. Carrie, I've got to find these Kisses!Yum! Can't wait to try this recipe, I don't think I've ever made a sugar cookie with powdered sugar. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time too. Robin told me to look in Target but I found them in my local grocery store, they just carried them later than other areas I guess. And you HAVE to try them with the powdered sugar. So fluffy, they're delicious!

      Delete
  2. OMG, I want these Kisses!! Going on the hunt this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find them, try looking in Target!

      Delete
  3. I finally found some of those pumpkin kisses.I went to New Hampshire to get them at a Target store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try! How long do you bake the cookies??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're right~good catch I'll update that now! About 10-12 minutes. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for participating in the Cookie Party at LifeScoops. These cookies are definitely delicious. I have added these to Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/hishema/cookies/)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis