Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Stracciatella alla Romano Soup (Roman Style Egg Drop)

I have never made this soup before and have seen it on several Italian restaurant menus, so I wanted to give it a try. As you can see, it is very simple, quick to make and was ready in about 20 minutes from start to finish. It was good, but I think I prefer the Chinese version better. I'm not calling this a flop by any means, it is what it is. A broth based egg soup, but for me, I think I prefer a heartier soup. You be the judge! :)



Stracciatella alla Romano 
(Roman Style Egg Drop Soup)
4 c. Low Sodium Chicken Broth
5 Eggs
1 tbsp. Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
2 tbsp. Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
1/8 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Add the chicken broth to a pot and bring to a low boil. 
2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, parsley, cheese and nutmeg. 
3. Gradually add the egg mixture to the heated broth; stirring slowly clockwise. 
4. The soup is done when the eggs are cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 4 cups. 


*Nutritional Information per Cup: Calories 50, Carbs 5.1g, Fat 1.6g, Protein 7.6g, Fiber 0g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into CalorieCount and may not be 100% accurate.

Enjoy! 


Shared at Amee's Savory Dish 10/5/12



1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful looking soup! And I am so hungry right now, I shouldn't be allowed to look at pretty food photos :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis