Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Capital Grille Mashed Potatoes (Copycat)

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, I know I did. I usually host Christmas Eve and Christmas Day each year, and this year was no exception. It's fun, but also a little tiring. Especially because I still wasn't able to stand for long periods of time with my recent calf injury and my husband had surgery on his thumb shortly after that. By the time this holiday was over, I just needed to decompress and spend time alone with my immediate family; which we're not able to do very often. 

I'm not one for making resolutions each year, but with my husband traveling so frequently for business, we both agreed that this year we would try to carve out more time to spend with each other when we had the opportunity. So my husband and I rejuvenated by going into the city for a couple of days to see the sights, take in dinner at Remi (where I had some fantastic homemade rosemary gnocchi with roasted vegetables) and saw Les Miserables at the movies and Once, the musical (both excellent!). We had a fabulous time and the kids enjoyed spending some one on one time with Grandma and Grandpa. 

While trying to figure out which recipe I was going to share first in 2013, I was reflecting back on all of the food that I had made for parties and gatherings in December and I just had to start with these potatoes. My husband and I received a gift certificate to The Capital Grille (which is a national chain of upscale steakhouses) and we were finally able to go recently. The food was excellent for a chain restaurant and they also have an amazing wine list. This recipe should technically come with a warning as it is NOT a healthy recipe by any means, but they were so good that even my husband, who usually doesn't like ANY mashed potatoes, LOVED them. They're so buttery, creamy and made a wonderful side dish; especially with our ham I made on Christmas Eve. 


Capital Grille Mashed Potatoes (Copycat)
2 1/2 lb. Red Potatoes
1 Stick Butter
1+ c. Heavy Cream
1/2 tbsp. Kosher Salt

Directions:
1. Wash potato skins with a vegetable brush, then cube. 
2. Place the potatoes in a pot of cold water, bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes become soft when you insert a fork or tip of a knife into them. 
3. Drain the water then place potatoes back in the pot. 
4. Add the butter, 1 cup of heavy cream and salt and beat until whipped without lumps using an electric mixer. Add more cream gradually if needed. Serves 8 (5oz per serving). 


*Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 319, Carbs 30.4g, Fat 21.1g, Protein 2.8g, Fiber 2.6g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into CalorieCount and may not be 100% accurate.

Enjoy and Happy New Year! 


Times Square NYC

3 comments:

  1. I may try them. Maybe. My sweetie got me a potato ricer for Xmas,among other things of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you happen to know the recipe for Capital Grille's ranch dressing? The wedge salad with ranch is amazing. Well the ranch dressing is amazing anyway, best I have ever tasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't but I'll have to seek it and and try it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis