Pages

Stay Connected

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hooter's Buffalo Wings (Copycat)

Warning! This is by no means a healthy recipe; however, every once in a while you crave greasy, fried foods. Well, at least I do and I'm sure millions of others do as well; especially during the Superbowl. 

Which brings me to today's recipe for Hooter's Buffalo Wings. I have to say, I've never eaten them there myself, but my nieces and nephews say they are fantastic. Hubby hasn't been there in a long time, but said they were pretty darn close from what he could remember. I'm not a huge fan myself of spicy foods, so I did make mine more on the mild side. If you like them hot, you can add extra hot sauce to yours. I'm good with 1-2 wings, then I go for the celery dipped in bleu cheese dressing. :)


Hooters Buffalo Wings (Copycat)
Adapted from Copycat Recipes
2 c. All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp. Paprika
2 1/2 lb. Bag Frozen Chicken Wing Segments, defrosted, approximately 32 wing segments
2 Sticks Butter, salted
1/4 c. Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
Canola Oil, for frying

Directions:
1. Combine the flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a bowl. 
2. Rinse the chicken, pat dry then coat the chicken in the flour mixture. Refrigerate wings for 1 hour; then coat the wings with the remaining flour mixture. 
3. Heat butter, hot sauce, pepper, garlic powder and salt in a medium saucepan until the butter melts; then let simmer on low to keep warm. 
4. Deep fry chicken 8-10 pieces at at time in 375 degree oil for 13-15 minutes. (You can use a deep fryer or a pot on top of the stove). 
5. Immediately toss fried chicken in the butter mixture and remove with a slotted spoon; repeat with remaining chicken. Serves 10-12. 

As for the nutritional information on this one, I tried to figure it out, but since I can't determine how much oil is absorbed into the chicken and not all of the sauce is eaten. I did find the nutritional information for the frozen variety of Hooters Chicken Wings to use a guide. These facts are based on a 3oz (or 3 wing) serving size.  

*Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories 230, Carbs 11g, Fat 15g, Protein 13g, Fiber 0g

Enjoy! 

Shared at Thursday's Treasures 1/31/13

No comments:

ShareThis