Pages

Stay Connected

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Low Fat Ranch Dressing (Copycat)

After those Hooter's Chicken Wings, I needed to have a snack that was a little healthier. And when I saw this recipe for Better-for-You Ranch Dressing from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen a few weeks ago, I printed it right away and couldn't WAIT to try it. I mean really, who doesn't like veggies dipped in Ranch dressing? Ann has such a wonderful site this recipe did not disappoint...delicious! 

There are so many different vegetables you can use in your crudite like peppers, broccoli, jicama, cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, asparagus, cucumbers, baby radishes, carrots, cauliflower, and mushrooms to name a few. Ann didn't specify which brands she used in her recipe so for nutritional data purposes, I used Hellmann's mayonnaise and canola oil in mine. 



Low Fat Ranch Dressing (Copycat)
1/3 c. Low Fat Buttermilk
3 tbsp. Chobani 2% Plain Yogurt
3 tbsp. Hellmann's Mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp. Canola Oil
1/2 tsp. Kosher Sal
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
3 tbsp. Chives, minced


Directions:
1. Whisk all ingredients together and keep refrigerated until ready to use. Makes 1cup; serves 8. 

*Nutritional Information per 1oz Serving: Calories 62, Carbs 1.2g, Fat 5.9g, Protein 1.1g, Fiber 0g

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled you made this, Carrie, and that you enjoyed! My older son is always so happy when I make this and I was just thinking it is time to mix up another batch. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU Ann, my family really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. It is so easy to just buy your ranch dressing but there are days I feel so guilty feeding my kids all those chemicals they add.
    This looks just like the best ranch dressing.
    Will have to make it this weekend for the superbowl party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in time for this weekend's snacking, and a perfect counterpoint to the hummus I'd already planned on serving.
    I even have all the ingredients! I LOVE it when that happens.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kirsten..I love when that happens too!

      Delete
  4. I just love knowing EXACTLY what's in the food I eat. Thanks for a great recipe, Carrie! (Ann, too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!!!! And thanks for all of these lovely recipe ideas for tomorrow =) xo Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis