Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, January 7, 2013

Survey Results

Well the verdict is in! Thank you to those that took the time to answer the survey.

It looks like the majority of you are looking for more Copycat Recipes with a tie for second with more Health Conscience Recipes and No Changes. Does that mean that I won't have any guest posts or kitchen tips? Absolutely not! I'll pepper them in throughout the year as well. And if you have any other ideas that you'd like to see or suggestions, please comment below...I'd LOVE to hear them! 




In the coming year, I will be experimenting with some of your favorite restaurant recipes including Olive Garden, Panera Bread, Carrabas, and Outback to name a few. If you have a specific recipe you would like me to recreate, post it below in the comments! 

I will also be recreating some of those wonderful recipes I pin to my Pinterest Boards as well as cookbooks I've purchased over the past year from some of my food blogging friends (Merry Christmas to me!). I can't wait to try these wonderful creations and share their talents with you!

I have also decided that it was time to take care of me this year, so I will be keeping track of my daily caloric intake; which means that no matter how unhealthy a recipe is I may prepare, it will contain nutritional information and proper serving sizes...the good, bad and ugly.  So I guess you may even be getting the best of both worlds on occasion if I experiment with a Copycat Recipe AND make it healthier. :)

I found a new app called Lose It. and even though I've only been using it for a few days and I LOVE it. And get this....it's FREE! I've tried other apps in the past but this one is very user friendly. It measures your caloric intake by day (with the ability to track other nutrients like fats, carbs, protein, etc) by entering your food item into the search bar. You can even scan an item to get the proper label as well as browse common restaurant and supermarket items. Once you save an item into your day, it automatically saves it into "my foods" so if you eat the same thing each day, you can retrieve it easily. You can also track any exercise (in different moderations) which deducts the calories from that specific day. 

That's it for now...stay tuned for a pasta salad recipe, a new chicken dish and an easy dessert recipe this week! 


*The opinions of Lose It App are strictly my own. I was not compensated in any way for this post. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm where was I during this survey? Did I take it? I will never know! But the results sound good to me! The app sounds like a winner too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiloh. I had posted it through a link on the monthly newsletter. Do you get that?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis