I have to say the chicken was really tasty and crispy and everyone loved it. I probably could have shaved off some extra calories and fat by removing the skin, but opted to leave it on for this recipe. If you're looking for a great side to go with it, these Corn and Cheddar Mashed Potato Fritters would be perfect!
Ranch "Fried" Chicken
Prep Time: 8 hours Yield: 8
Cook Time: 45 minutes Serving: 1 thigh
Total Time: 8 hours 45 minutes
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 1 c. Low Fat Buttermilk
- 1 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1-1oz. Package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- Cooking Spray
- Rinse chicken under cool water; then pat dry.
- Add the buttermilk and chicken to a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, paprika and Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix in a bowl.
- Remove the chicken one at a time allowing for the excess buttermilk to drain off; then dip it into the flour mixture and place on a baking sheet with a wire rack. Do this for all pieces of chicken.
- Spray the top of the chicken with the cooking spray and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Calories 221, Carbs 13.2g, Fat 10.1g, Protein 18.2g, Fiber .6g, Sugar 2g