While shopping, I had purchased some mushroom caps and knew I wanted to make something with those, but wasn't quite sure what until I went rummaging through the pantry and refrigerator to see what I could find. I came up with this mixture and let me tell you, not only was one mushroom cap filling, the texture and flavor were fantastic. These made a perfect light lunch, but would also make a fabulous appetizer for family and friends.
Blueberry, Pecan & Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
Prep Time: 15 minutes Yield: 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes Serving: 1 mushroom cap
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1 c. Water
- 1/2 c. Quinoa
- 1/4 c. Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c. Mariani Wild Blueberries
- 2 oz. Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Add the water to a pot and bring to a boil; then stir in the quinoa. Reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer approximately 10 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed. Drain the quinoa and rinse with cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, add the quinoa to a bowl and mix in the pecans, blueberries, cheese and parsley. Mix well.
- Top each mushroom cap with the quinoa mixture, place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Calories 267, Carbs 35.1g, Fat 10g, Protein 9g, Fiber 3.2g, Sugar 15.3g
Blueberry, Pecan & Goat Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps Shopping List