Pages

Stay Connected

Monday, October 28, 2013

Chocolate Carrot Bundt Cake

So technically, this Chocolate Carrot Bundt Cake is a quickbread; however, I was being lazy and decided to pour all of the batter into one pan. I also had a TON of carrots to use up. I usually never have a lot of carrots on hand, but I forgot I had already purchased a bag when I was food shopping then bought another one. I used the base recipe for my Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread and this really came out well. The kids liked it, but said they would have preferred it better if I added some mini chocolate chips to it. Maybe I will next time and make muffins out of these instead!


Chocolate Carrot Bundt Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes    Cook Time: 50-60 minutes    Yield: 16 slices
Ingredients

  • 4 Large Eggs
  • 2 c. Granulated Sugar
  • 1 c. Canola Oil
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 3 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1/4 c. Cocoa Powder
  • 3 c. Grated Carrots
  • Cooking Spray
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well blended; then whisk in the oil and vanilla extract. 
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt. baking and cocoa powder. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture with a spoon. 
  4. Next, mix in the grated carrots until they are well blended. 
  5. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the top springs back when touched or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Let cool before slicing. 
Enjoy! 



Nutrition Facts per Half
Calories 318, Carbs 47.6g, Fat 13.4g, Protein 3.8g, Fiber 2.2g, Sugar 26g
*Calculations based on ingredients entered into Calorie Count and may not be 100% accurate. 


2 comments:

  1. Carrie,
    My kids and I would love to eat this! When I think I'm not going to deal with the farm share carrots in a timely manner I finely shred and freeze them, so I have some on standby for winter. What a terrific idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the recipe Kirsten and what a great use for all of those extra shredded carrots~Enjoy!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please leave a comment below.

ShareThis